Wednesday 27 June 2007

Variance! ARGHGHGHGH


Ok here pictured isnt my real poker grapher, but probably isnt too far off right now.










After my week break from poker i was desperate to get home to play some HU, which i did.

I played for 6 hours straight earning myself a tasty $5000 playing 500 and 1000 Hu's. I then see the donk at the 2000 game that i had been crushing earlier, well i dunno but i got beat twice. I think i decided to play really poorly all of a sudden. Im pretty fuming right now and i am trying to decide wether to play another when i get a call from my mate asking me if i want to go down the pub WOOHOO! 3 hours later we stagger home and i go against the 10th poker commandment.

Thou shall not drink excessively and play online poker.

Ok well my mate was watching me and i decided to play 2x $500 matches, which i won both SOMEHOW. Anyhow i brag to my friend saying how easy this game is and that i just won an easy $1000 when he points out to me that i played 2x$2000 games. Well i guess im not going to turn on the pc if im this drunk because i couldnt even play the right bloody game. LOL Mis-clickaments!

So thats all good, im up $5000 on 1 night but it unfortunatly goes downhill the next day. I bloody suck right now and cannot beat what i like to call the "deceptive player". You get a lot of them at mid-high stake HU games and i saw a lot of them at barcelona. If you do not treat these players correctly they will sting you. If they have nothing they bet, and often mix up their bet sizes, if they have a big hand they check. Of course if you are not playing well this can get very frustrating as it seems they are getting a lot of good cards.

Well after 3 days of stupid poker i am level, which isnt the end of the world after winning a lot but i might add that i decided to play 5/10nl too.

I built to a stack of 2k when someone didnt believe me when i flopped top set with QQ.

Ok so then i raise with J10 on the button and get a caller from the BB with a big stack.

The flop is a 69Q so i continuate with a $40 bet into $60 which gets raised from $40 to $110. I then call. The turn is a king which brings two spades and two hearts. He checks and i bet $200 when he raises allin for about $1600. Pretty MASSIVE raise but i was loving it.

The river paired the king and he turned 66 which was when i turned my stomache. FACK!

Ok, not much going on in my poker life for the next 10 days or so, but will keep updated on anything interesting (or not so) in my poker life.

Thanks,

Dan

1 comment:

Amatay said...

siiiiiiikness, nice blog m8. Wanna swap links??