Wednesday 30 May 2007

The final.

Ok so ive had to catch up on a few entries after my flight home so im going to make this short and sweet.

Firstly me and jeff did an even chop so we were playing for pride. I came into this game with a totally different attitude, it felt like i didnt care but lets see what happens.

I have one hand to note from the whole game. Yes, 1.

The pots were all very small until i limped with J7.

The flop came KQ2 and we both checked

The turn brought the 10 of spades (a second spade). He checked so i thought this was an easy chance to take down the pot with a 500 bet, jeff checked raised me which didnt make sense at all, i then re-raise putting about 5000 into the middle, i was shocked when jeff called, i thought he had two pair or something. The river brought the 9, my straight woohoo! But Jeff then bets 4500 at me, now the river has brought a possible flush, i ran through my mind of the possibilities and realised jeff could have spiked a flush, but the bet was too small to pass, he could be value betting his straight so i call with the great pot odds.

He turns 72s and im now short stacked.

In the end i fire my last 4000 chips in with J10 and jeff calls with K8s and hits a flush, good game and congratulations to jeff, the world heads up champion of 2007.

I will be back next year, next stop is the midlands meltdown at walsall.

1 comment:

Big Blog Collection said...

Hi Dan, congrats on getting to the final of the hu comp. I see your in Cheltenham. I'm also a full time poker player in Bristol. Only looks like you've done a lot better than me so far. I've added a link to your blog wondered if you could do the same for me. Increases traffic for both of us. You going to vegas for the wsop?