Wednesday 30 May 2007

Semi-finals.

This is my big game. If i lose this i end up with either 20 or 30k. If i win, i will probably end up in the final with Jeff Kimber and do an even chop for 90k each.

After a slow start i win lots of small pots including this one:

Me: 22.

I limp, opponent raises and i call in position.

Flop K33. Check Check
Turn 4. Check Check
River 8. Check and i bet 500 for value hoping he calls me with A high and he raises to 1500 so i call and he shows Q5 :).

About 1h30 into the game this pot arose.

I limp with 310. Opponent checks.

Flop 234. Opponent bets and i call.
Turn 2. Opponent bets big and i call again.
River 9. Opponent bets 4500! I hesitate and then call.

He turns Q5 once again.

This player was quite crazy at times but i had a read on him for sure.

At this point i had around 24k in chips and my opponent had been making some unorthadox raises.

He limps and i look at As10s so i raise to about 2100. My opponent now makes a fuss, walks around the table and announces allin. Ok so i thought about this for a bit, i knew he was weak but i wasnt sure if As10s is the kinda of hand i want to see his hand with since it isnt a massive favourite over many hands. Anyhow i call and he flips 7s4s. Flop 7xx he wins.

Im down to a miserable 8k in chips and shortly go allin with A3 because the blinds are now 500/1000. He calls and turns KK! How bad do i run!?!?!

Flop 245. Lol. Maybe i run good eh?

After taking a few small pots its almost back to level again!

I find 1010 on the button and limp. My opponent announces all-in. I pretty much instantly call, i think i might have said call before he said all-in im not sure. He turns over A7 and the board doesnt help him, it was a pretty good game i must say, we were up and down with our chips stacks like nothing else. GG.

Just before i go back to the hotel i watch my friend Jeff Kimber in the other semi's. It was over very fast when jeff checked 93 in the BB to see a flop of 933. His opponent was very unfortunate to have J3 but hey, thats poker and that also means that i get an even chop for the Main prize.

No comments: