Friday 25 May 2007

Round 2, Fight!

Round 2 is about to commence, nothing much to say but i have met the chap who i am playing and the game starts on time!

I got off to a terrible start, terrible. Infact after the first blind level i was down to something like 10,000 in chips (20k starting stack). Ive had to let a big pot go when i play a mediocre hand aggressively out of position.

Basically on the river i had top pair on a somewhat scary board of AQJ76 with three hearts, he bet most of my chips and i had to pass taking note of his body language and perhaps a "tell". I think he is very strong here.

Well a few big pots arose here and there such as me playing very aggressively in position on a 952 flop and a Q turn, putting most of my chips in. James atkin and Paul jackson commented at the time that they were sure i had a set, i had king high :D

After the first blind level i did battle very well from 10k in chips to about 31k, just through stealing pots, i realised a few of this guys mistakes and capitalised.

Just when i thought i had this game wrapped up an interesting pot occured.

I limped with AsQd (Blinds 150/300) Now my opponent raised 600 more out of the big blind and i made a mistake by just calling (I think).

Flop: Qc8c3c

He bet out about half the pot(900) and i came over the top for about 2100 more. He then declared that he was all-in and i put my big chips into the pot instantly.

He turned over the nuts and i had to start all over again!

Well i did begin to lose it, and i must say, this game has been up and down like a yoyo. I won a crucial pot when i limped with 94o and got to see a flop of 445, all the chips went flying and he turned over A5. Beautiful.

Very shortly after when i have a chip lead of about 28k-12k i limped with Ac2c and saw a flop of 224. My opponent led out and i smooth called, the turn brought a 9 and my opponent bet strong again. The river, an ace! I have made a boat. My opponent bets about 6k leaving 3k back or so and i think...for about half a second and announce allin, i know he has to call and he does. He turned over J2 for trips and i take the second round down!

This match was a lot harder for me, my opponent was quite aggressive but i got through in the end.

Now it wasnt long until james had to play his match, after 10 minutes i think that he will take it down. Well i was wrong, there were no hands to note because i have never watched a player take so long to make a decision, i mean, he put me on tilt watching. I think the headsup lasted around 4 hours and i know that this guy james was playing was an absoloute card rack towards the end and james had gone card dead! Soul-destroying!!!

Oh well better luck next year james, i have 2 games ahead of me, i win the first i make the money, i win the second im through to the tv stages, woopie!

-Dan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done Dan!! Keep it up!!! :)

Hopefully you'll pwn the Devil Fish in Round 5! :)